CorVel is seeking a Liability Claims Supervisor. The Claims Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of direct reports, ensuring all quality, productivity and customer service criteria are met while adhering to company policies and procedures. The Claims Supervisor position is integral to the success of the company and requires regular and consistent attendance, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel. This will be a hybrid position in the Nashville, TN area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises claims staff in their day-to-day operations.
- Supports Claims Manager in staff recruitment, interviews and training of new staff on procedures and job-related functions.
- Assures peak performance of the team through continued training and coaching, coupled with regular performance evaluations and recommends merit activity, subject to manager's approval
- Provides technical and jurisdictional guidance to claims staff regarding complex Commercial Auto and GL exposures, investigation, litigation issues and Special Handling Instructions.
- Functions as liaison, suggesting and implementing final resolution for clients and employees regarding claim-specific, procedural or special requests.
- Adheres to HIPPA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Adheres to all company policies, best practices and procedures
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in the handling of Commercial Auto and General Liability claims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Participate in Customer Claim Reviews and Presentations
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated, Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated Public Speaking Skills.
- Municipality Experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience handling Auto and General Liability claims, including high exposure losses and litigation.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in an Insurance setting.
- Must live in close proximity to the Nashville, Tennessee area.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable