Our client is recognized as an A-rated (Excellent) organization by AM Best and has a global footprint across six continents. Offering specialty products across multiple industries for over 100 years, our client is a powerhouse in the insurance industry. We are looking for a Jr. Technical Lines and Construction Underwriter to join their team.
Title: Jr. Technical Lines and Construction Underwriter
Location: Santiago, Chile
Overview: The Jr. Technical Lines and Construction Underwriter will underwrite technical lines and construction risks in Chile including Onshore Property for Oil, Gas, Power Generation, Mining, Commercial Property, and Construction “all risks” insurance. The Underwriter will be fluent in both Spanish and English in order to communicate effectively with the home office team in North America.
- Underwrite, analyze, and manage the assigned onshore operational technical lines and construction insurance portfolio.
- Meet regularly with insurance/reinsurance brokers and risk managers/insureds.
- Identify and develop business and provide quotes to international brokers in Latin America including underwriting and quotation proposals.
- Underwrite assessment of risks and prepare referrals on new and renewal business.
- Place facultative reinsurance when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with Civil or Mechanical Engineering being an advantage.
- 3+ years underwriting experience in Technical Lines and Construction insurance/reinsurance.
- Experience with the placement of Facultative Reinsurance for complex risks.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Travel may be required.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.