Scrum Master II (Remote) GDS Application Environments
Join the Container Platform Team and be part of the new technology frontier!
NOTE: This role is a range posting - Scrum Master/Sr. Scrum Master - and the final offer will be based on the candidate's skills and experiences.
- Coaches, mentors and teaches team members, managers and key stakeholders; proactively seeks to eliminate or minimize impact of barriers, and addresses challenges to team delivery.
- Able to identify and effectively apply which stance (coach, mentor, teach) would benefit the team the most depending upon the situation/circumstances present.
- Works closely with Product Owners and other SM`s to support release planning, backlog and team health, and cross-team communication.
- Fosters team decision-making, transparency and independence, encourages cross-training and team support. Uses a pragmatic approach to guide the team by seeking to understand what they want to achieve and helping them become more effective in an Agile context. Comfortable experimenting with a variety of approaches based on need & fit.
- Possesses moderate to advanced understanding of Lean-Agile metrics (health, value, flow and quality) to help teams continually improve. Assesses the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team & coaches the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Coaches team & managers on the Agile mindset/behavior. Moderate to deep understanding of the mechanics of the Agile framework or method and the ability to teach the specific roles, work products, and activities to team members and stakeholders. Increases team knowledge of Agile/Lean topics helping them understand why practices work not just how. Observes & provides consistent, impactful feedback for team Agile development.
- Understands the impact and supports the vision for change within their organization. Develops a network of change agents to promote change and manage resistance to change.
- Mentors less experienced Scrum Masters and other Lean-Agile leaders. Actively seeks coaching & mentoring from more experienced SMs & coaches on Lean-Agile techniques and mindset and guides them on their personal change and growth journey.
- Takes an active role in the transition to & implementation of a scaling framework, with guidance from more experienced SMs and Agile Coaches
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, humanities, etc.) and at least 4 years related experience.
- Experience Kanban/Scrumban and Experience running more than one Scrum team at a time preferred.
- Direct day-to-day knowledge of Jira preferred.
- Sprint planning and sprint metrics reporting.
- Team morale and motivation techniques (ice breakers, team virtual events, etc.)
- Beginner/1st level Scrum certification preferred, not required. Knowledge/training equivalent to advanced/2nd level certifications from a reputable Lean-Agile organization a plus but not required.
- Experience being on multiple Agile teams in a variety of different contexts
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.