Senior Actuarial Analyst/ Actuary - Pricing/Product Development
Are you looking to have a significant impact on the financial results of a Fortune 100 company? In this position, you will be part of a team whose mission is critical to both top-line and bottom line performance. You will support a business group's profit, growth and operational objectives by providing external actuarial support for key filed Product initiatives, including state-level rate changes, targeted rate changes, and support of various new products and programs.This involves the initial submission of actuarial justifications, and continued verbal and written negotiations with regulators throughout the objection and approval process. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential for communications of wins and losses to senior managers, and interactions with external stakeholders.
This role will perform analysis in pricing and product development and partner with various other functions such as state analytics, planning, rate revision, and countrywide rollout teams. In addition to state level assignments, we establish and promote subject matter expertise in areas such as various data sources and processes used within our group.The candidate will need to be able to provide data and analytical support for projects independently.
- Provide actuarial support for state filings for rate and other new initiatives.
- Provide analytical insight and recommendations to State Directors to inform business decisions.
- Track state-level requirements for actuarial assumptions in filings and apply them appropriately.
- Develop subject matter expertise which can be leveraged countrywide.
- Own continuous improvement of processes to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of external actuarial support that are quickly integrated in daily work routines.
- Queries data for requests outside of base rate support and drive deep dives on an ad-hoc basis.
- Protect intellectual property by providing information only as required or confidentially as allowed.
- Communicate effectively with external regulators in writing and verbally, to support business outcomes.
- Monitors developments in actuarial techniques; Researches laws and regulations; Analyzes developments in the marketplace. Represents the Company on industry and professional committees.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level (16-18).
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Strong data manipulation skills including the ability to query, consolidate, and test for reasonability desired.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates; Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build complex models.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.