Principal Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
GRM US Business Lines (BL) Product is actively searching for a highly productive member of a distributed, dynamic agile team to serve as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, and testing innovative front-end UI and API programming for the eSimple application. This position will support Products within Business Lines Software Engineering.
As a Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively on a geographically diverse agile team to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment as we continue our agile transformation journey. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset, and capability.
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative solutions with our eSimple product that meet business and technical initiatives.
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current product needs as well as building out long-term cloud based strategic solutions using Angular, React, Vue, Java and other backend languages.
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions.
- Analyze technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle.
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor new and experienced engineers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience developing design patterns using object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of a variety of languages including Angular, React, Vue and Java
- Cloud based programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, be a logical thinker and problem solver
- Above average communication skills
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Understanding of Cloud architecture concepts preferred
- Understanding of insurance industry and products preferred