Senior Data Solutions Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Personal Lines Modeling Data Support team (PL MDS) is actively searching for a new member to join our team as a technical expert in support of data initiatives within Product Design & Modeling (PDM).
The PL MDS teams works closely with modeling and delivery stakeholders to curate and deliver comprehensive data solutions that support sophisticated model development and the successful calibration and launch into market of high-quality home and auto personal insurance products.
As a member of the PL MDS team, the Senior Data Solutions Analyst will contribute towards process and query improvements within existing platforms, support operational data production, as well as collaborate within the team and our technology and data partners to design and implement modern solutions leveraging cloud-based tooling to increase speed and efficiency.
- Under technical direction, develop and prototype data solutions of moderate complexity to meet the needs of the organization and business customers.
- Produce and validate data deliverables of moderate complexity on a routine basis
- Participate in the design and development of data solutions that enable effective self-service data consumption and can describe their value to the customer.
- Leverage Agile techniques to plan and manage workload and set expectations for deliverables of moderate complexity.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and programming languages as needed to progress initiatives.
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Ability to think critically and analyze data.
Note: This position is a range posting, the level will based on experience. It can also be remote.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline preferred. Master`s in same or related disciplines strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years' experience as developer with Python, SAS, or SQL.
- In-depth knowledge of data concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Familiarity with coding for database design, data warehousing, or other data environments
- Experience with AWS, Spark or Snowflake strongly preferred.
- Ongoing interest in learning new and emerging technologies strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge of insurance business operations helpful.