Solutions Engineer, Software
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We aim to be the most trusted digital partner in our industry! Global Risk Solutions is fully embracing our digital business transformation and GRS Tech is addressing the opportunity head on. We have adopted a technology strategy that emphasizes an organizational mindset shift focused on cloud native, digital product, API First and Data First. A key foundational enabler for our strategy is our laser focus on recruiting & empowering world class talent.
The North America organization within GRS is actively searching for an engineering leader to fill a keySolution Engineerrole. This role will be part of our Innovation & Engineering team, and specifically aligned with our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) group delivering seamless interactions for our brokers, customers, and claimants. In this role you will work with our teams to establish a strong culture of engineering, while iterating on digital products and solutions that drive operational effectiveness and business innovation.
Additional details about this job
- As a Solution Engineer you are responsible for leading the technical delivery of solutions that meet customer needs and align with technology guardrails & strategy.
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project or Market.
- Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision. In coordination with Architecture, researches and makes innovative recommendations around new technologies.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Delivers artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business and product features
- Oversees design reviews and frameworks.
- Mentors staff to develop software systems development capabilities.
- Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication, and alignment.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred. Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience. In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of various AWS and the Liberty Mutual public cloud ecosystem. AWS certified is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles. Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded. In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly. Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience or strong familiarity with the following: Modern full-stack development, serverless architectures, 12-factor design, API First & event-driven architecture, CI/CD practices & testing frameworks, cloud infrastructure & services, agile development practices
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.