Lead Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We are currently hiring across Liberty Mutual Technology and encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients'needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Motivatedmentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency
- 7+ years of related software engineering experience
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Strong background in code review
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- Understanding of DCI/MDM systems, data ingestion and cloud-scale data sets
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
Engineer Job Levels
- Senior Software: 5+ years experience
- Principal Software Engineer: 7-8+ years experience
- Solutions Engineer: 10+ years of experience