Property Claims Examiner
About the company:
Established in 1999, Roanoke Valley Claims Service, dba, Court Enterprises, Inc (RVCS-CEI) is a National independent adjustment and third-party administration firm serving both the U.S. Property & Casualty and Lloyd’s of London Excess Surplus Lines marketplace. Due to RVCS-CEI’s increased growth within both sectors, we are seeking highly seasoned property and liability claims examiners for our third-party claims administration unit.
Property Claims Examiner
The Property Claims Examiners will be responsible to execute best practice claims service standards while communicating with policyholders, customer agents, IA’s or RVCS-CEI field adjusters, building contractors, engineers, public adjusters and attorneys to successfully investigate, evaluate and negotiate property damage claims involving residential or commercial party insureds. The Property Claims Examiner will be directly responsible for reviewing and verifying coverage through their timely review and evaluation of the property claim’s policy forms/endorsements and providing instruction to independent/field adjusters and coverage/defense counsel. It will be the Property Claims Examiner’s ultimate responsibility to thoroughly adjust, negotiate and settle both commercial and residential property claims. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain/monitor diary of claim files by collecting, organizing and documenting all relevant information to ensure all files are handled and touched on a regular basis.
- Apply, review and verify coverage, draft reports for large losses as well as any claims that exceed assigned authority, settle covered claims timely, identify any liable third party, pursue and oversee subrogation process accordingly.
- Instruct IA's, vendors, experts and underwriters and provide adjusters with direction for claim handling.
- Evaluate Property Claim Loss Notice, Policy and Adjuster Reports.
- Monitor reserves as well as timely payments to policyholders and vendors to meet expected company billing goals.
- Complete and send Proofs of Loss disclaimers, denial letters, withdraws, etc. to insured.
- Provide exceptional customer service support to Underwriters, agents/brokers and policyholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Although infrequent, travel for education purposes.
- A High School Diploma or equivalency and State Adjuster Licensing is required where appropriate. Bachelor’s degree and/or AIC/SCLA designations are preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in handling property claims with a P&C/E&S carrier, TPA or independent adjustment services firm.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance principles, guidelines, best practice standards, and claims management process with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Lloyd’s of London claims required.
- Strong ability to negotiate and investigate claims.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to manage time and workload with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service along with strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to grow strong relationships with Clients and colleagues.
- Goal orientated and achieve targets with minimal supervision from senior management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
Virginia & Nationwide - Remote Candidates May Apply
RVCS-CEI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. RVCS-CEI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for Property Claims Examiner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly