Assistant Regional Manager, Surety
IFIC, a member of IAT Insurance Group has an immediate need for an Assistant Regional Manager of Surety located in our Denver, Colorado location. The Assistant Regional Manager is responsible and accountable for the successful management of a specific region of surety business centralized from the Denver office. The Assistant Regional Manager will be responsible for the growth and development of the region with the full financial support of IAT. This senior leader needs to be recognized as a surety expert within the industry in order to develop credibility with agents and attract the additional talent required as the business grows. The goal is to position IFIC (a member of IAT Insurance Group) as both a valued partner to key surety producers as well as a recognized leader in the regional surety marketplace.
Establish and implement short and long range regional goals and objectives.
- Manage the performance and development of regional staff.
- Prepare and present annual budget for Regional Office.
- Establish and manage the department expenses and budget.
- Drive regional initiatives and business strategies.
- Work strategically and tactically with agents/principals to ensure appropriate level of understanding of company goals and objectives.
- Coach, lead and develop underwriters and participate in the development of underwriting training.
- Manage regional agency plant to ensure positive and profitable outcomes.
- Within authority limit, make timely and prudent decisions consistent with approved guidelines and requirements within submission timeframe.
- Jointly, surety leadership, establish and manage regional growth and business targets.
- Accountable for the profit centers' underwriting and accurate underwriting documentation and adhere to underwriting policies and procedures.
- Participate in industry functions to increase company visibility in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate superior responsiveness to agents, principals and Home Office staff (consistency, quick response, knowledge of accounts).
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field with at least 7 years of experience in surety with experience building, developing, and expanding distribution relationships or equivalent.
Equivalent is defined as 11 years of relevant experience as defined above.
- Must include significant commercial and contract surety underwriting experience.
- Must be a self-starter who will thrive in a results oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
- must have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong balance of both strategic and operating skills.
- Must be a sharp rigorous thinker who creates a logical connection for others between the dynamics of market realities, goals, vision and strategy.
- Must be an underwriter thus exhibiting granular knowledge of all aspects of commercial and contract surety.
- Must be market savvy and know what the competition is doing from a product and pricing perspective and quickly grasp challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess high ethical standards and expects the same from all other in the organization.
- Ability to establish and develop long‐standing relationships.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.
Please note, the annual gross salary range associated with this posting is $116,660 – $184,660. This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the base salary for this position. The total compensation will include a base salary, performance-based bonus opportunities, 401(K) match, profit sharing opportunities and more. Actual salaries will vary based on factors such as a candidate qualifications, skills, and competencies related to this specific role.
To view details of our full benefits, please visit https://www.iatinsurancegroup.com/careers/benefits