Product Owner of Enterprise Data Science Platform
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
As a Product Owner in the Office of Data Science (ODS) Product unit you will guide the development of state-of-the-art data science (DS) infrastructure. In this role, you will be the Product Owner for shared data science platforms and services at Liberty Mutual.
The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to Data Science (DS) teams across the enterprise. Our programs focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding edge research and experimentation, common tools and platform development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
If you are interested in making an impact on an entire scientific culture at a Fortune 100 company, the ODS is the place for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Product Owner for shared data science platforms and services at Liberty Mutual.
- Work with key business stakeholders to define the product vision and strategy for data science infrastructure, working backwards from the customer
- Translate the high-level vision into a cohesive, prioritized roadmap, alongside data science, data and tech leadership
- Work with other Product Managers to ensure alignment between teams and products
Key traits we are looking for:
- Data Science Passion you have a passion for making things better through data science.
- End to End Understand the end to end data science workflow and how tooling fits in
- Leadership You are a passionate leader who can bring the enterprise together, gain cross team alignment and deliver results.
- Customer Empathy ability to try on the experiences of customers and stakeholders especially those with conflicting viewpoints.
- Problem solving you can solve difficult problems efficiently with appropriate methodologies
- Integrity you build and maintain trust with your colleagues, stakeholders, partners, and leaders
- Drive you work smart and hard to succeed
- Communication Skills you can communicate to a wide variety of audiences adapting your technique as appropriate in a strategic manner
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelors' degree in relevant field (business, computer science, humanities etc), 7 years in business, technology, or consulting with 5 to 7 years direct experience with agile teams, including a minimum of three years recent experience in a DS or technology product role with a proven track record of providing leadership on complex/challenging technical product delivery
- Master's degree preferred
- High level of proven business expertise needed to set clear priorities for product and understand business value impacts
- Develops strong stakeholder relationships and influencing across multiple organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience leading varied audiences through the development of complex ideas, issues and designs
- Ability to lead varied audiences through census building
- Proven experience with Agile practices and expectations
- Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of relevant products and portfolio strongly preferred
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amongst uncertainty and exploit market opportunities
- Knowledge of MLOps, DS infrastructure, and organizational challenges & obstacles as it relates to scaling and supporting DS solutions (hands on experience would be a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think broadly across multiple good viewpoints
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgement, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of agile teams
- Experience with influencing product strategy at a senior level and a strong execution track record
- Ability to continuously prioritize work based on business value and product strategy
- Ability to create and foster consensus from the whole business for a coherent product vision