At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual GRM US Finance Technology is actively searching for a Manager, Engineering for Personal Lines Agent Compensation systems. In this position, you will manage three agile teams of staff & contractors and will lead, coach, serve, and develop scrum masters and engineers. Additionally, you will be accountable for the Stability, Security, and Reliability of the systems and applications built by the teams. This manager reports into the SR Director position.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with other aligned managers, senior scrum masters, and business partners to serve agile delivery teams; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Creates an environment for individuals and teams to learn and grow while fostering innovation and experimentation.
- Ensures application or portfolio of platforms are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need. In partnership with Product Owner, identifies key performance indicators to measure success of work product.
- Understands the business domain and product vision; in partnership with other team members (Scrum Master, Architect, Product Owner, etc.) aligns work of the team toward the shared goals for the product.
- Coaches and mentors agile teams to continuously improve and maximize their ability to provide value.
- Supports team members in addressing or escalating issues as needed
- Monitors team effectiveness and addresses issues affecting team productivity.
- Support teams in navigating through and resolving impediments
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes. Responsible for workforce and talent management plans.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or portfolio.
- Application ownership including but not limited to application continuity and resiliency, problem and incident management, compliance activities.
- Working with architecture and the agile teams to ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline and at least five years of IT experience.
- 5-7 years' experience related experience, including previous experience in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment.
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies.