Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking an experienced B2B marketing leader to serve as AVP, Marketing Strategy Lead for Business Insurance. The AVP's mission is to develop and implement integrated marketing strategies that position Travelers as the preferred holistic provider for business customers' insurance needs and help deliver positive outcomes in keeping with cross-business-unit objectives, including but not limited to new and expanded business demand generation.
S/he is a collaborative thought leader and trusted advisor who can effectively translate the latest best practices in data-driven marketing and distribution channel engagement to concrete initiatives that business and field sales leaders will not only embrace but champion.
The winning candidate must be able to effectively orchestrate and influence the timely execution of her/his strategies through efficient and effective partnership with both business subject matter experts and Enterprise Integrated Marketing teams.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the primary point of contact and accountable partner to relevant business units and/or areas of focus to assess business priorities, requirements and KPIs, in partnership with Enterprise Integrated Marketing Planning, Content, Digital and Analytics teams.
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of business plans, organizational structure, financials and go-to-market approaches by being an active participant in key business and field sales leadership meetings, working groups and industry activities.
- Help define and leverage outside-in research approaches in collaboration with Enterprise Market Research and Enterprise CX teams (e.g. voice of the customer and agent) to inform marketing strategies.
- Develops B2B marketing strategies for a specific set of audiences that include a clear assessment of business objectives and desired outcomes, relevant audience insights, prioritized proposals for marketing initiatives based on marketing best practices, measures of success and timelines.
- Create detailed marketing strategy briefs by initiative based on these marketing strategies and partner with Enterprise Integrated Marketing Planners to ensure that they are translated into efficient and effective integrated marketing plans that include content strategies, channel plans and measurement approaches.
- Bring cross functional marketing teams together to provide strategic consultation to key business units and field leaders, gain business and legal approvals and maintain effective communication with leaders at multiple levels throughout the life of a campaign or marketing initiative.
- Leverage a clear understanding of best-in-class martech solutions to collaborate effectively with relevant leaders from marketing, operations and data teams. Maximize Business Insurance adoption of and benefit derived from new martech and sales capabilities across people, process, technology and data.
- Ensure our marketing and sales capabilities are aligned and support distribution engagement between field sales teams and independent agents and brokers.
- Effectively steward the BI Marketing budget to maximize business impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience.
- Extensive experience translating customer and/or market research into actionable plans.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing strategy preferred, with an emphasis on B2B marketing.
- Experience in insurance and/or financial services fields or related agency/management consulting tenure preferred.
- Thorough understanding of B2B marketing concepts and martech landscape, with an ability to translate capabilities to actionable strategies.
- Advanced knowledge on how to research and target wants/needs of various audiences.
- Proven experience in developing and communicating strategies to senior leaders in complex matrixed environments.
Job Specific and Technical Skills and Competencies
- Highly collaborative work style and ability to demonstrate credibility to other functions when leading cross functional teams.
- Advanced presentation (PowerPoint) skills with impeccable verbal and written communication.
- Strong bias toward action, results-oriented and persistent, with the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Technically astute when it comes to working with marketing technology and data.
- An analytical and creative thinker who comes up with solutions 'outside the box' when presented with novel or complex challenges.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.