Expert Cloud Security Architect
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
As Expert Cloud Security Architect you will be part of a team of high performing Security Architects and be responsible for integrating security into Allstates Transformative Growth Plan. This role will work
closely with the cloud platform teams, cloud architects and business partners to help deliver on core capabilities with a security first mindset.
- Collaborate with and provide technical and professional leadership and coaching to Solution Architects, Delivery Managers, and Lead Engineers
- Help drive and communicate Security Architecture technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via architecture patterns, roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Provide detailed security technical subject matter expertise on one or more technologies contributing to complex design decisions and detailed problem analysis.
- Provide technical leadership over large or complex security engineering initiatives where multiple technological disciplines are involved.
- Influence Senior leadership from business and technology disciplines, presenting and delivering highly complex solutions as needed.
- Applythe securityreference architecture toward the design, deployment and support of highly complex systems that deliver business value
- Define end-to-end Security Architectureto enableboth Business and Technology teamsto build collaborative solutions that usesApplication Design, Integration Services, Data security, Hybrid or Cloud Native Architectureon-premiseand Private/Public Cloud services
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, and plans to ensure alignment with Allstate needs, both current and future.
- Help identify opportunities to enhance process and technology solutions. Help define the case for change by highlighting the potential business/customer benefits.
- Collaborate with clients and partners to define technology strategies and approaches. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies while driving and communicating change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization
- Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Allstate ecosystem
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience; May also have advanced degree
- 5+ years technical experience in architecting public, private and hybrid cloud. Have a firm understanding of the services offerings with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google cloud platform (GCP) and/or pivotal cloud foundry (PCF)
- 4+ years experience with Agile methodology
- 4+ years technical experience with defining reference architectures, solution/integration architectures
- Ability to learn new technologies and help integrate them successfully into the workflow
- Solid experience in documenting cloud security roadmaps, guiding principles and target-state architectures
- Familiar with creation and maintenance of cloud security architecture directional statements/artifacts that can be leveraged by enterprise products and solutions
- Ability to provide security solution design and review for enterprise solutions
- Ability to create security requirementsfor cloud-based solution
- Experience influencing technical teams
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver; willingness to work in a distributed team and be a mentor to junior architects and engineers
- Experience of strategy development and execution
- Working knowledge of cloud providers e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Professional architecture or security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate/Professional or other similar credentials
- Experience with Source Code Management and CI/CD; experience with common scripting languages like Bash, Python, and/or Ruby
- Solid experience with cloud security strategy, cloud provider ecosystems (AWS/Azure/GCP) and migrating Enterprise from traditional data center Infrastructure, Application and Data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices
- Experience with containers such as Docker and container orchestration, Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with container image security and best security practices for Linux/UNIX Windows servers
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, cloud-based identity access and management, security, automation and orchestration
- Flexibility required to meet business needs
- Flexibility required to meet business needs
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.