Software Solutions Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you want to be part of shaping & molding multiple teams as part of a growing software engineering train? Want to help build a culture of technical excellence and nimble, cloud-native digital delivery? Want to interact with customers and teams around the world in what is one of Liberty Mutual's truly international delivery areas experiencing firsthand what puts the Global in Liberty's Global Risk Solutions business unit? If any of these sounds appealing, then read further
Our Claims Technology teams are expanding rapidly in the Specialty insurance & Surety areas. These teams are scaling up to meet the growing needs of our global customer base. We're looking to onboard multiple engineering positions across several new teams from seasoned tech leads to hungry mid/junior level positions. Teams will be focused on building new capabilities such as digital portals, API products and complex internal/external system integrations as we set out on aggressive multi-year roadmaps. Full-stack is the way our teams operate from design to devops, to testing, and everything in-between. If you want to provide technical direction, coaching, and mentorship across multiple agile teams this is your place!
- As the Solutions Engineer you are responsible for leading the technical delivery of solutions that meet customer needs and align with technology guardrails & strategy.
- Acts as a hands-on tech lead across multiple SCRUM teams in a scaled agile environment
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Guide the extension and evolution of traditional Java-based web applications to cloud-native serverless & microservice patterns
- Helps grow the teams' capabilities help hire talent, develop the culture, coach & mentor junior engineers
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project or Market.
- Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision. In coordination with Architecture, researches and makes innovative recommendations around new technologies.
- Prototypes complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Facilitates cross-team learnings, communication, and alignment.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Contributes to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness
- Champions engineering excellence, and models a learning/growth mindset
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Generally 10+ years of professional experience.
- Proven experience designing & building APIs (REST, SOAP, API Gateway, SpringBoot, etc.)
- Mastery of agile software delivery (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience working in a broad technical leadership capacity directing, coaching and mentoring across teams/product lines
- Deep experience designing solutions using cloud computing platforms & services (AWS, Lambda, S3, EC2, OCF, K8S)
- Expert level experience with build/deploy automation & devops frameworks (CI/CD, Bamboo, pipeline-as-code, AWS CDK/CFT)
- Strong knowledge of automated testing frameworks and concepts (Junit, mocks, Selenium)
- Insurance industry & systems knowledge a huge plus as is experience with the Guidewire InsuranceSuite of applications.
- Demonstrated ability to bake security, privacy, and performance into the development process
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles. Highly driven to learn, stay current and experiment.
- Well versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Strong consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including executive level; presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills