Underwriting Internship Program - Business Lines Insurance - Summer 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you a whiz at analyzing business risks? Are you a natural problem solver? Do you never get tired of answering the question, What if?
Then you'll be in your element when you join the collaborative underwriting team as an intern at Liberty Mutual.
Our underwriters focus on two fundamental questions: Should Liberty Mutual write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy?
Join our team as an Underwriting Intern and challenge yourself to uncover the answers.
During this 10-to-12-week internship, you'll learn how to develop a profitable commercial book of business under the guidance of experienced underwriters.
This opportunity is with our Business Lines Underwriting Team.
- This team help our client's businesses thrive by providing a borad, protective suit of coverages tailored for their specific needs.
- Our Underwriters work together to design the right solutions to help protect each client's business and keep it moving forward.
Best of all, at the close of the program, you'll have the opportunity to explore a future career with Liberty Mutual, one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the country.
What you've got
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program with at least one semester remaining following the Summer 2022 with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience.
- You possess strong analytical, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- You have solid interpersonal skills and demonstrate a passion for customer service.
- You must be willing to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education post graduation.
- You must be available to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks
- You must have permanent work authorization in the United States