Remote Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Distribution Tech Partner Integration engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about software, architecture, and engineering practices to join us and help create new, modern solutions for our growing new business partnership market segment.
Do you want to design, build, and operate services that are used by our external partners and customers in support of our mission to create market disrupting capabilities? If yes, we are looking to accelerate delivery of our innovative partnership solutions and need talented engineers that thrive on solving technical challenges and exceeding customer expectations.
Why should you join our team?
- We are designing and building the next generation of modern services and features to support our third-party partners
- We ship software to production frequently and can see the value of our work in the business results we obtain
- We work as ONE team, committed to excellence
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
- We continually strive to improve, both our technical capabilities and culture, to be the BEST place to work
If this sounds ideal to you and you are up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
- Three or more years of software engineering experience
- Background in API design and implementation, configuration-driven systems
- Understanding of layered systems architectures, designs, and shared software concepts
- Understanding of functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Working knowledge of professional software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing)
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Analyze technical problems and is expected to recommend process improvements that address complex technology gaps within a single business process and improve data reliability, quality, and efficiency
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts, and principles
- Understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics and incremental delivery
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience