Law Clerk - Investments and Business Transactions (Law and Regulation)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Come join a group of dynamic and talented professionals in our Investments & Business Transactions Law team. We are looking for a law clerk to help support our team of attorneys and paralegals. We are fortunate to have an engaged, fast-moving, and hard-working team and are looking for someone with those same qualities. You will collaborate with attorneys and paralegals and work directly with our business partners as a member of the team.
Investments & Business Transactions is responsible for a wide range of complex transactional work for our public company parent, numerous subsidiaries, and our investment advisers.The investment law teams work includes advising the business partners on Allstates multi-billion-dollar portfolio that includes all types of public and private investments.
You will be working with a team invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
Your role on the team includes:
- Collecting, disseminating, and tracking documents and information
- Obtaining necessary approvals and signatures
- Gathering documents and information for attorney/paralegal analysis
- Conducting basic legal research and communicating the results
- Assisting with project management, coordination, and collaboration with business clients
- Drafting documents and communications with oversight
- Validating current processes and identify need for process change
- Education: Bachelors degree in related field
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office suite, Adobe Professional, and other web-based applications (including but not limited to Lexis and other legal research tools)
- High degree of ethics and integrity and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic writing, researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Able to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive self-starter who can manage their time effectively and work with general supervision
- Lives into Allstates six core capabilities:Future Oriented, Change Ready, Customer Centric, Digital Mindset, Results Driven, People Focused
- Ability to work in a "hybrid" work scenario (home and office environment). In office 1-2 days per week or as needed.
- ***This role is not an "attorney" position
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.