Informatica System Administrator
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Enterprise Data Management (EDM) System Administrator
The Informatica System Administrator would be part of the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Platform team that provides administration and operational support for a wide range of products across the EDM toolset, ensuring that the products within the teams portfolio remain stable and that operational SLAs are maintained while having an input into the Tools Strategy/Technology Roadmap. In addition, the role would involve managing and planning efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components for upgrade and/or possible product replacement.
- Providing system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linux/Informatica environment
- Performing Unix/Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backups
- Performing environment buildouts, site setup, user training, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes.
- Managing Domain, Node, Service configuration, and Repository Backup
- Setting up LDAP and Users/ Groups Creation, Access Management (Privileges and Permissions)
- SSO integration and setting up SSL certificates
- Outages Handling, Password Changes, Bouncing Activities or Restarting the Services, Coordinating with DBA, Network and UNIX/Linux team
- 4+ years of Informatica administrator experience on the following applications:
- Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog
- Informatica Axon
- Informatica Data Quality
- Strong experience in providing system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linux/Informatica environment
- Strong experience in Informatica installation and upgrades process and setting up new Informatica Domains, Nodes and Services
- Good experience in performing Unix/Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backups including strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Good experience in performing environment build-outs, site setup, user training, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to analyze & communicate root cause and remediation steps
- Support over the weekend and off-hours work as needed
Salary range is $81,900 to $130,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.