Head of Portfolio Management and Analytics Group
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
This is a hands-on role that interacts regularly with senior leaders in Allstates Private and Alternative Investment Group (PAIG), while also acting as a central liaison with other key Investments teams
This candidate will lead an internal functional area responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of investment management processes in the PE and Infrastructure groups, with opportunities to expand these activities across PAIG, as appropriate. He or she will implement best practices developed and benchmarked through careful consultation with external and internal constituents. He or she will be critically important to ensuring the consistency and transparency of portfolio oversight and internal reporting. The candidate will report to the Private Equity Group Head and be a key resource of the Senior Managing Director of PAIGKey Responsibilities
- Portfolio analytics: perform top-down analysis used to inform portfolio construction decisions and encourage more active portfolio management
- Study, analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions from portfolio attributes and performance metrics including geography, deal size, type, sector, leverage, etc.
- Track and analyze economic trends impacting the portfolio (i.e. inflation, exchange rates, interest rates, etc.)
- Track and analyze private investment trends (i.e. GP restructurings, utilization of GP credit lines, etc.) and consider their implications for our portfolio
- Organize and facilitate discussion at Private Equity (PE) teams annual strategy planning session
- Generate and present materials based on the above findings
- Surveillance and monitoring: manage and oversee portfolio oversight processes to help proactively identify situations that may require intervention, Allstate to manage risks and improve economic outcomes across our portfolio
- Establish and refine best practices across our platform (peer review, monitoring meetings and reports, investment rating system, regular manager interactions, etc.)
- Author and maintain regular reports used by group heads and Investments senior leadership
- Oversee Watchlist process
- Manage amendment process and documentation
- Develop and oversee fund end-of-life wind-down process
- Provide supplemental monitoring support to deal teams by attending AGMs, LPACs, Board Meetings, etc., generally for high exposure managers and on a rotating basis
- Institute and manage regular portfolio monitoring meetings
- Review of quarterly reporting to ensure accuracy and appropriate level of effort
- Internal communication: act as a key liaison across all PAIG asset classes, coordinating interaction with Risk Management, Middle Office, the Portfolio Management Group (PMG), Law, Accounting and Finance
- Collaborate with Risk to create increased transparency among all Performance Based (PB) groups
- Work with Allstate Business Intelligence group to build data models to support ongoing risk management and quantitative research
- Evaluate the effectiveness, and facilitate the implementation, of Allstates currency hedging strategy
- Collaborate with Allstate Tax professionals to investigate and recommend advantageous tax structures
- Engage and manage resources for portfolio work-out situations
- Engage with machine learning resources to develop techniques to increase reporting and underwriting efficiencies
- Participate in regularly scheduled risk management meetings
- Interact with other groups as needed
- External perspective: maintain pulse on market dynamics and trends to facilitate quicker reaction and more efficient execution
- Establish and maintain relationships with network of limited partners, secondary market participants, and other like-minded institutional investors
- ILPA representative and engagement
- Attend industry conferences and round tables
- Portfolio Monitoring Meeting (Quarterly)
- PB Update (2-3x per year) including rotating deep dives on different PB Groups
- Investment Monitoring Reports (IMRs) (quarterly) maintain / upgrade eFront reporting
- Watchlist (quarterly)
- Amendments maintain / upgrade eFront reporting
- Risk Touchbase (interval TBD, likely quarterly or bi-monthly)
- PAIG Townhall Presentations (quarterly)
- PE Strategy Offsite Materials
- PE / PB Reporting maintain / upgrade reporting via Tableau / eFront
- Develop and refine new reports, as needed
- Bachelors required, MBA preferred
- Strong working knowledge and familiarity with private markets, including relevant experience as a principal investor
- Exhibit strong analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- Able to work effectively with limited supervision, while able to effectively collaborate with PAIG team members and internal/external constituents
- Capable of leading and managing a small team
- Results-driven with a strong analytical mind to understand the financial vision of the client
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of eFront and Tableau preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.