Total Loss Adjuster
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Total Loss Auto Claims Adjusters, manage, investigate and resolve auto damage claims that require special knowledge (such as Total Loss, Total Loss fatalities, and liability) at every severity level with a focus on moderate complexity Total Loss claims. As a licensed and experienced adjuster, you will be fulfilling the promise we made to our customers when they purchased their policy by working with those who have been in an auto accident and need our help. In this role, you will guide our insureds and claimants through the Total Loss auto claims process from start to finish. There are many moving pieces you will manage. You need to have strong organizational skills and be a time management expert, love problem solving and helping others.
This position offers a $5,000 sign on bonus for licensed adjusters.
Please take into consideration that this position will return to the office in the future.
- Manages, handles and resolves moderate complexity Total Loss claims. Evaluates liability, coverage and settles claims within prescribed procedures and authority.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims and refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary.
- Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- May ensure adequacy of reserves, confirm or deny coverage and liability and advises policyholders and claimants as to proper course of action.
- Uses internet resources and Liberty Mutual contracted vendors for pricing and/or validation of inventoried items.
- Negotiates settlements within prescribed authority and explains denials to policyholders and claimants.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques.
- Negotiates settlements with claimants, attorneys.
- Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
- Identifies and recommends referral of potentially fraudulent claims to the SIU.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be skilled at recognizing questionable coverage/contract situations which necessitate supervisory involvement and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and use of basic policy/contract coverages.
- Ability to handle multiple claims work systems, total losses required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent training plus at least 1 year of directly related claims experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of the various operations with the Claims Department.
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Tort Law.
- Licensing as required.