Director, Data Science GRM Product Pricing Sophistication
Are you looking for a position where you can manage a team at the cutting edge of insurance products and pricing? Where you can work with UBI/Telematics data to create new products? The GRM Product Design and Modeling Pricing Sophistication Telematics team is seeking a talented manager to lead the pricing design of our suite of telematics products. This position will be a great fit for someone who loves the idea of using billions of miles of vehicle telematics data to develop and expand Liberty Mutual's suite of UBI products!
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working effectively with highly talented professionals to develop creative solutions to complex problems, be comfortable with modeling and coding, and have an appreciation of what makes sense from a business standpoint. Solid technical and project management skills are critical to the role, and the individual we hire will work very closely with their team and other UBI partners as we work to support our existing products and test and implement new ideas.
- Develop the pricing algorithms for a wide variety of vehicle telematics products, in both personal and commercial lines, in the US and overseas
- Provide thought leadership and data-driven recommendations to inform telematics product design decisions in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Gain internal and regulatory acceptance for new or updated telematics product rates.
- Develop and lead a team of 4 - 5 high-performing data scientists
- Establish project plans, ensure quality deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, communicate results and make recommendations to address issues
- Research and implement improvements to pricing methodology and workflows
- Collaborate with analytical peers and counterparts across LMG and GRM to stay on top of business trends and analytical best practices
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of an FCAS or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- 5 - 8 years progressively responsible experience in a Fortune 500 company; P & C Insurance industry experience preferred;
- Strong background in Statistical Learning. Must be familiar with the use of statistical modeling software (Python, R, SAS, Emblem, etc.) with the ability to build models of moderate complexity. Programming and data manipulation skills a plus.
- Can take ownership of projects and deliver high quality work through others, while maintaining a productive and motivated team. Commitment to creating a challenging and rewarding learning environment within the team
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in management of assignments and projects.
- Aptitude for effective, innovative problem solving within and across functional groups
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely to technical and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.