Principal / Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
Global Retail Markets U.S. Claims Technology is seeking a Principal or Senior Software Engineer to join our Claims Adjuster Journey team, which supports the Lumen application. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on a high performing Agile squad, which partners closely with our system users and business subject-matter experts to leverage cutting-edge technologies that enable our Adjusters to provide a best-in-class claims-handling experience to delight our customers. The team is looking for a collaborative, self-motivated full-stack Engineer with a strong passion for customer-centricity, learning, and innovative problem solving. This role will be doing full stack development in React and NodeJS, with potential for work in Spring Boot and other Java services as well.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with other Software Engineers, and business subject-matter experts to drive complex solutions to enable Claims Adjusters to deliver superior service to our customers
- Be able to view the work and discussions with a broad lens which takes into account multiple systems, vendors, and business user perspectives
- Be willing to think differently, ask questions, learn, and innovate
- Work in an agile environment focused on transparency and open communication
- Contribute to the development and growth of the team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 4+ years' work experience in a software engineering environment
- Knowledge of full-stack IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, technical standards, and design patterns
- Experience with Java-based services/APIs and frameworks (e.g. Spring), as well as cloud-based (relational and noSQL) data stores (e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge and experience using Cloud components (e.g. AWS, GCP), build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven), CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.