Customer Onboarding Specialist
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Launch Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Liberty Mutual Insurance is looking for an enthusiastic person with a background in Insurance Assistant work.
In this Customer Onboarding Specialist role you will:
- Place outbound calls for leads and offering a companion policy or new business policy, transferring to a licensed agent.
- Contact new business customers or existing customer and offer a cross sell.
- Reviews, evaluates and categorizes incoming/outgoing documents; verifies information for accuracy/appropriateness and follows up with others for missing or questionable data; prepares and assembles documents for additional handling by other associates or for distributing to outside contacts.
- Uses intermediate skills and business knowledge to retrieves information of varying complexity using computer systems and applications to update records, obtain information for others and respond independently to most questions and problems.
- Performs other related support duties as requested, such as answering phones, processing mail, assisting customers, scanning, photocopying and verifying policy details.
- Dependability, attention to details, and ability to follow/interpret procedures
- Intermediate level of skill required to open, create and modify various documents using the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.) and enter/retrieve information using various applications/systems.
- Ability to effectively exchange routine and non-routine information verbally, in writing and apply knowledge of the department's policies and procedures.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required to help resolve routine problems, answer general questions, and know when to escalate more complex issues
- High school diploma (or equivalent), 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience