Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager role sits within Allstates Property-Liability (PL) Service organization and is responsible for future-facing customer self-service technology. As Allstate evolves under the Transformative Growth plan, this role will be instrumental in identifying, testing, and launching new and emerging technologies that support customer success through our digital platforms.Partnering broadly with our data science and technology teams, this leader will help pave the way to introduce new and exciting ways to engage our customers.In addition, this individual will have responsibility for our chat-bot and voice business team, as we modernize those two platforms to exceed customer expectations.
The Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager is responsible for setting a clear strategy across our current channels, while scanning the environment for new and exciting opportunities to improve customer value.They will guide our chat-bot and voice product visions and establish a clear framework for quantifying customer value. The Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager will need to have strong relationship management skills, as they work across the Allstate enterprise to drive comprehensive solutions and best practices.Experimentation, digital mindset, and change management skills are critical in this role.
- Guide, drive and execute holistic strategy for customer support in alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Guide and manage KPIs to measure the success and to drive transparency into business outcomes and progress related to the overall product strategy
- Define strategy for product and work with stakeholders to advance towards delivery
- Participate in larger strategic enterprise programs connected to assigned product, including establishing a point of view for product(s) and leading work tracks assigned to this area from the enterprise programs
- Act as first line of contact for AORs, supporting the strategic tone for product with other involved AORs, guiding a roadmap and future state vision
- Initiate and respond to business opportunities as needed
- Look for, lead and develop new initiatives or innovations, providing strategic guidance on improvements; intake new work, prioritize for/with the business and incorporate into product life cycle as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure programs and processes across the entire system are aligned and prioritized
- Adhere to budgets and operational effectiveness; guide strategies for adjusted courses of action
- Lead, coach and manage a team with broad skill sets including Project Management, business analytics and performance, and customer experience
Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of related experience required
- Strategic management or consulting experience is highly preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience; MBA is preferred
- Ability to build and establish relationships necessary to influence future delivery and roadmaps, and to communicate complex and innovative concepts to stakeholders to influence decision making and buy-in
- Ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset by demonstrating awareness and understanding of the whole and of how the parts within are interdependent
- Ability to working in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience, and ability to learn from experiences and setbacks
- Ability to initiate a culture of customer experience by gaining alignment from leadership down to frontline employees on the customer first transformation mindset
- Familiarity and interest in customer support and operations
The minimum salary for this position is $110,600. The maximum salary is $177,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience. This is a bonus-eligible position.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.