CERiS in Fort Worth, Texas is seeking an Itemization Review Nurse. The Itemization Review Nurse will provide a Summary and analysis of items by reviewing all charges submitted on a UBIB provided by a medical facility to determine accuracy of charges billed.
CERiS, a division of CorVel Corporation, offers incremental value, experience, and a sincere dedication to our valued partners. Through our clinical expertise and cost containment solutions, we are committed to accuracy and transparency in healthcare payments. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture along with plenty of career advancement opportunities. We embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect supporting data and analyze information to make decisions regarding accuracy of billing.
- Appropriately document work and final conclusions in designated computer program.
- Understanding of Surgical Implants.
- Understanding of CERiS systems and Data Base informatics.
- Capability to meet department expectations and standards.
- Be a team player working with Leadership Team(s) within a positive team environment.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules/regulations, in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”), as well as, maintain HIPAA compliance
- Must maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the O.R., ICU, or E.R. as an R.N.
- Associate Degree in Nursing or higher.
- Experience in medical bill auditing, preferred but not mandatory.
- Exceptional organizational, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and adapt accordingly.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think and work independently, while working in an overall team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Outlook, and Skype for Business.
- Must meet a minimum department volume quota of 275 reviewed claims monthly.
- Must consistently maintain a less than 2.00% error rate monthly.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable