Manager, Vulnerability Management
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
**We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our Allstate strategiclocal offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; & Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified candidates will be given consideration as remote / home-based professionals.**
The Manager of Vulnerability Management will ensure continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the Allstate environment including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from vendors and internal sources. This person will lead a multi-national team of vulnerability analysts to protectthe Allstate Family of Brands. This indvidual will lead by forming strong partnerships with technical teams and guide their team members by providing vision, strategy, and prioritization to control vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Own and drive the Vulnerability Management strategy for the Allstate Family of Brands
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the teams services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas
- Drive actionable metrics and reporting for operations and leadership transparency
- Provide prompt attention and visibility into risks, vulnerabilities, and issues serving as an escalation path for team member effectiveness
- Closely support and collaborate with other Cyber Security Operations teams
- Provide support on incidents and outages as necessary to enable effectiveness of the team and its operations
- Serve as subject matter expert related to vulnerability management and secure configuration
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to Allstates environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need
- Providing mentorship, coaching, performance management and support to team members with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development
- Oversight of onboard and offboard resources
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degreein Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science, etc. (or equivalent professional experience)
- 5+ years experience in vulnerability management or related field such as penetration testing, SOC, or threat intelligence
- Drive to learn new things about vulnerability management, exploits, hacker techniques, and overall security operations
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting
- Excellent analyticaland problem solving skills
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Excel at prioritizing work and other demands for self and team including making risk-based decisions about remediation recommendations
- Ability to define, communicateand execute on a vision and strategy
- Effective written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicatewith technical and non-technical resources
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls
- CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire
- Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning tools and other security testing tools
- Understanding of attacker mindset, exploitation, and how vulnerabilities are leveraged
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.