Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Our Corporate Services department is looking for a Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Services team, such as incoming and outgoing mail, print requests, supply requests, shipping and receiving, file storage and retrieval, and records management. This position exists to ensure the success of the overall operations including exemplary customer service to ICW.
This position requires working onsite Monday - Friday.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Manages the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Services department.
- Supervises day-to-day operations functions and tasks team members.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in the areas of mail, printing, records retention, shipping and receiving, fulfillment, and inventory control.
- Ensures operational processes are fully documented and reviewed regularly for improvement opportunities.
- Oversees business work from incoming mail receipt and routing, through scanning and distribution, printing, special projects, and outgoing shipments and deliveries.
- Works with team leaders from across ICW to make sure their business operations needs are met, and to trouble shoot any issues or concerns.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all supplies and equipment.
- Makes recommendations and assists with equipment purchases.
Responsible for process improvement and compliance.
- Reconciles invoices.
- Develops team metrics and identifies opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings.
- Understands and can accurately report relevant operational data.
- Adheres to applicable policies and service level agreements, while being able to successfully meet deadlines.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and new services to meet customer needs as well as elimination of practices no longer needed.
Develops and supervises a team of Corporate Services employees.
- Manages the group's processes, procedures, and assignment of projects to ensure best practices and efficiencies are utilized for greater cost savings.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department Manager, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience.
- Ensures that the entire department is engaged and that leadership practices encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Communicates mission, values, and other organization operating principles to direct and indirect reports.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the department and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies, procedures, and compliance responsibilities and makes recommendation for the same.
Directly supervises employees within the Corporate Services team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in a corporate environment or similar industry with responsibilities in mail, print, records, or other internal support services required.
- Minimum 1 year or more of supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in business or related field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Highly organized self-starter with strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the capacity and desire to drive process improvement and business initiatives. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Inventory control experience preferred. Excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply principles of logic and creativity to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.