Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Our team is on a mission to build leading-edge capabilities for document solutions so our many business partners can act quickly on policies and claims. We use a wide variety of skills and tools, including cloud-native and industry-leading platforms. Our capture team is looking for engineers who can build innovative, AWS serverless capabilities for ingestion of files such as images, photos, videos, email, and other types of documents. With a volume of 40M documents annually, the system must be highly scalable, reliable, secure, and cost-effective. As a team, we cultivate a culture where every perspective is respected.
Note: This a range posting. We are condiering candidates at the Engineer and Senior Engineer level.
- Working with the Product Owner and other engineering team members, design and develop end-to-end Document Capture solutions
- Analyze technical system problems. Design and implement effective re-usable solutions.
- Be responsible for coding, testing, debugging, and deployment during each cycle
- Collaborate with business SMEs to define capture flows, data models, and business rules
- Create and maintain technical documentation including architecture, design, & testing artifacts
- Develop AWS serverless solution using Python & AWS services like AWS CDK/CFT, API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions, S3, SNS, EventBridge, etc.
- Working with UX colleagues, develop modern & responsive user interfaces where required
- Develop to meet CI/CD requirements for automated testing, code coverage, and quality requirements
- Learn and represent applicability of other Document Capture related technologies
- As part of an Agile team, identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Python & AWS
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Awareness of security and privacy policies, experience with LDAP, OAuth2/OIDC
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Hands-on experience with React.js or Angular.js, and Node.js
- Experience developing and maintaining REST APIs
- Demonstrated pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, JMeter, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of AI/ML is a plus
- Experience with Apigee & Kafka is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts, and principles
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.