Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer GRS Global Distribution
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing software engineering team? Do you value a positive people-focused culture where transparency, trust, and empowerment thrive? Come join us in the GRS Global Distribution & CRM Platform team where you will be positioned to drive and support the evolution of how we bring business in the door for GRS. You will join delivery teams that are enabling profitable growth through digital distribution channels and positioning us as a carrier of choice for our largest brokers.
We're looking to onboard multiple engineers across our Omnichannel Distribution teams. Teams will be focused on building new capabilities such as API products, digital portals, and integrations. You will work on a moderncloud-based technology stack consistingof cloud & serverless technologies (AWS) with focus on API and Event Driven architecture. You may also have a chance to gain exposure and experience with Salesforce.
Note: This is a range posting Software/Senior Software Engineer and the final offer will be determined by the candidate's skills and experiences.
- Design & develop global applications as part of a SCRUM team in a scaled agile environment
- Deploy applications to AWS and Kubernetes
- Extend and evolve traditional Java-based web applications to cloud-native serverless & microservice patterns
- Work directly with our customers and business partners to move the needle on OKRs and KPIs
- Interact with customers and core development team to refine the product backlog
- Embrace a full-stack development mentality devops, front/back-end, +
- Automate and execute all levels of testing (unit, integration, and regression)
- Support software products through their entire lifecycle
- Proactively avoid and eliminate technical debt
- Champion engineering excellence
- Foster learning/growth mindset and model it for others
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Generally 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Java/J2EE and proven ability to pick-up new languages & frameworks as required
- Proficient in software engineering tools such as GIT, Bamboo and Jira.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms & services a plus (AWS, Lambda, EC2, OCF, K8S)
- Experience building APIs a plus (REST, SOAP, API Gateway, SpringBoot, etc.)
- Experience in agile software delivery (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical, critical thinker
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills