Senior Actuarial Analyst/Actuary Corporate Reserving
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Corporate Actuarial Reserving is seeking an actuary to support the comprehensive communication of the risks associated with loss-related balance sheet items. The role will include exposure to all lines of business across SBU and Corporate's balance sheet. Primary accountabilities are for the execution of Actuarial studies and the development of risk-management tools, so that Senior Management can take accelerated action, and so that our external partners can have confidence in the strength of our balance sheet. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to execute thoroughly in a collaborative environment.
- Partner with SBUs (Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting) to understand impacts of initiatives and book of business changes, and incorporate into ongoing reserve analyses
- Clearly communicate results and methods to Corporate and SBU management
- Develop effective tools for monitoring internal and external indications
- Build and implement process improvement initiatives
- Manage ad hoc projects, collaborating with team members
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on level of the role, experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Ability to foster teamwork and relationships across organizational lines
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts including company/agency relationships' importance to the business success
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively express technical actuarial and statistical concepts to non-technical individuals internal and external to the organization
- Advanced decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Expands/maintains Actuarial professional knowledge through society (CAS/AAA) publications and meetings/conferences