System Support Product Delivery Director
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Solution Delivery Product team is seeking a System Support Product Delivery Director to lead a team of Systems Support analyst who support the Product agile squads.
As a Director, you'll collaborate with Product Owners and IT to deliver changes in our system to enhance the customer experience, as well as drive profitability and growth for Liberty Mutual.
The Product Delivery team is responsible for efficiently and accurately delivering pricing updates and core innovations into the 51 US markets we operate in, creating best in class speed to market.
We have a team of highly skilled System Support Analyst and Product Owners that partner with Product IT squads to deliver products that achieve business objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manages and coaches a team which is generally composed of a minimum of 8-10 people
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and insures alignment with project and unit objectives
- Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations; oversees the appraisal process
- Creates a high performing, results-oriented staff through candidate selection, onboarding, ongoing development, and managing individual performance with regular coaching focused on behavior and analytical skill sets
- Enhances partnerships and creates workflow efficiencies by maintaining positive relationships with partners
- Initiates process improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; proactively seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes
- Performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, and business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations
- Works with Product Owners and peers to direct, manage and coordinate interdepartmental activities in order to ensure that we meet both internal and external customer expectations
Note: This is a range posting. The level will be determined based on experience. This position can be remote.
- Bachelor`s Degree, Master`s Degree preferred
- 8+ years related experience with 3 years in leadership role desirable
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques
- Ability to promote a team environment
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills; presentation skills