Analyst, Advanced Analytics- Global Employee Experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Note: Compensation for this role will depend on the candidate's geographic location, overall experience, and skill level.
The Understanding What Matters team is looking for a member with strong analytical, technical, and consultative skills. You will help to identify actionable insights that enable leaders to create an engaging climate for our employees. Leveraging employee sentiment data, you will apply analytical tools and methods to measure and understand drivers, trends and emerging issues for our employees. Under moderate supervision, you will perform research and analysis to support employee experience projects, as well as develop recommendations to address problems/issues related to employee feedback and engagement.
- Provides monthly and ad-hoc reporting that support business understanding of the employee experience
- Conducts research within the organization with respect to Employee Experience related projects. Partner with stakeholders across T&ES or other functional partners to coordinate analysis.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis and provide recommendations for functional stakeholders on employee engagement related opportunities. Presents insights and associated recommendations to business partners through both formal and informal communications that support improvement efforts
- Engages with survey vendor to trouble shoot and problem solve technology issues.
- Supports internal ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines as required
- Experience using Power BI
- Experience using SAS to perform analysis
- Familiarity with R or Python