Solutions Engineer, Data
The Analytics Enablement & Emerging technology team within Global Risk Solutions Technology is looking to hire a Solutions Engineer, Data/Software to support our Data Science and Innovation business teams to deliver technology solutions utilizing the latest in AWS services and cloud native architectures integrating with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models. Our teams are constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that support our customers, brokers, underwriters, claims adjusters, agents, and partners.
As a Solutions Engineer you will be supporting at least two Agile teams composed of data scientists and software/data engineers within the Advanced Analytics Hub working on NA Pricing and Surety models. Our teams are focused on business delivery through the development of advanced analytics products ranging from supporting our data scientists deploy AI models, development of data pipelines, 3rd party data APIs, dashboards and applications powered by AI.
You'll be responsible for the architecture of the technology solutions partnering closely with our data scientists to build better data pipelines for optimum data sourcing for model training as well as new architecture patterns that will help reduce the time to integrate AI models within UW and other applications. You will establish technology standards and architectures while still having the opportunity to get into the code via the development of patterns that will be leveraged to accelerate the engineering team's delivery. We are looking for a strong technical leader who will play a critical role moving our technology, AI/ML models, and business forward, solving the most complex problems, and providing support of cross functional teams that will unlock positive business outcomes in this space.
About the role
- Partner with business leadership with the Advanced Analytics Hub (AA Hub) to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision within the AA Hub through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with architects, data scientists, tech leads on other application teams, business stakeholders, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- Working with raw data in the GRS Data Lake and other data sources across the organization such as data warehouses, data marts and operational systems in support of data science models.
- 10+ years of engineering and architecture experience in applications and data development in a complex, distributed environment.
- Bachelor`s or Master's degree in technical discipline
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation, and the flexibility to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Data practices and technologies including data lake, data warehousing, data integration patterns (ETL, services, messaging), analytics and business intelligence
- You have a strong data background with experience in data modeling techniques, operational vs data warehousing (ERwin or other modeling software)
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms including AWS
- Experience designing, building, and deploying cloud-native applications in AWS and general familiarity and experience utilizing different AWS services.
- Expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, from RDBMS like Oracle or Teradata to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, or Elasticsearch, and can explain how each is used for different use cases.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and multi-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Data Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Strong coding skills, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Bamboo or Jenkins (CloudForge)
- Deep experience and a high degree of proficiency in quality assurance practices used for testing and delivering complex, high-quality software.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.