Senior Software Engineer - Remote
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This role is within the Technology Architecture team, a department within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets US (GRM US) Architecture, which is responsible for establishing and providing leadership to the technology strategy and technology roadmaps, as well as product recommendations that enable the business. In this role, you'll contribute to emerging technology evaluation and exemplars applied to the insurance domain.
You'll succeed in this role if you are a software engineer with a passion for leading edge technology solutions and Excellent Engineering Practices in development. You'll help drive the adoption of emerging technology and leverage agile development methodology in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Develop cloud-hosted Microservices and applications.
- Perform end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Collaborate with Architects and Solution engineers on technology evaluations and reusable software artifacts
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies to remove blockers, refine stories, plan sprints, and demonstrate functionality to diverse stakeholders (business and IT).
- Help assess and integrate open-source and vendor products into Liberty Mutual systems.
- Build automated test cases for all stages of testing (Unit, System, Integration, and Regression). Works with CI/CD tools and technology to achieve complete automated deployment environments
- Engineers production support documentation.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 3+ years of Java, Nodejs, or Golang. Experience with API technologies such as REST, OpenAPI, and GRPC.
- Experience designing solutions using cloud computing platforms & technologies (Kubernetes, AWS, Lambda, S3, EC2)
- Experience with testing frameworks for unit and integration testing(Junit, Mockito, counterfeiter, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD automation & DevOps frameworks
- Well versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- UI/UX, data analytics, or Kafka experience would be a definite plus