Workers' Compensation Claims Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a fast growing company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available. As a Workers' Compensation Claims Technician you will help people resolve problems. You will provide excellent customer service to a wide range of people, including injured workers, employers, medical personnel, attorneys, and agents. We offer variety in your position - in the people you interact with and the cases you handle. This position will also provide you with an opportunity to handle disputed and litigated cases. You will use your investigative and negotiation skills in a fast-paced environment while protecting the assets of the company. In addition to a wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
- Conduct investigations including, but not limited to assessing policy coverage, contacting insureds, injured workers, doctors' offices, and other parties to determine compensability and establish reserves
- Set-up claims and update the loss to reflect actual circumstances
- Determine the need for independent adjusters or independent medical examiners.
- Evaluate claim for potential fraud
- Assess actual damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims
- Be involved with litigated claims as necessary.
- Bachelors degree preferred, continuing insurance education desired
- Experience handling Workers' Compensation claims is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts & claims handling guidelines
- Multi-state experience preferred
- Experience with disputed and/or litigated claims
- Ability to analyze written reports, such as medical records and legal documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and uphold our high standard of customer service
- Negotiation and settlement skills
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics
- Detail-oriented organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated success in a claims adjusting role
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.