Analyst II, Data Science
The Product Design and Modeling team has an opening for an Analyst II, Data Science, that will assist in driving pricing sophistication within Business Lines in the US Design team. This role will focus heavily on inforce products, especially Property, GL, and BOP but with the opportunity to influence all lines. This role will report directly to the BL Tactical Pricing Manager and will have opportunities to collaborate with others in Product Design and Modeling, Economics, Delivery, and State Management.
- Develop expertise in products requiring price segmentation and in available analytic data.
- Support the evaluation of profitability, growth, and product design
- Where appropriate, build loss cost, loss ratio, and/or non-pricing models of moderate complexity across Business Lines, and more complex models under general direction
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques (e.g., machine learning techniques such as Elastic Nets)
- Recommend and execute proposals for meaningful improvement
- Evaluate and recommend pricing on optional coverages
- Collaborate with Delivery and Economics teams to help implement revised pricing
- Potential for up to 10% travel
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations such as ACAS or advanced degree in a quantitative field desirable
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions. Foundational/intermediate knowledge of predictive analytic techniques
- Expert skills in Excel & PowerPoint and familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, R and Python) highly desired
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use results of analysis to persuade team or department management to a particular course of action
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact
- Competencies typically acquired through 0-1 yrs. of related experience with a Ph.D., a minimum of 2-3 yrs. of experience with a master's degree, a minimum of 4+ yrs. of experience with a bachelor's degree.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.