At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About The Role
As Product Owner in Business Lines Ecosystem Partner space, you will own the technology required to enable Strategic Business Lines partners to do business in new and innovative ways. You will work with external partners, top industry solution providers and Insure Tech startups to: bring in new customers, eliminate waste and inefficiencies, and grow Liberty's Business Lines market share.
You will be part of a team aligned to the Ecosystem Imperative, across Business and Personal Lines, with the mission to drive growth through evolving the way LM works with partners offering embedded insurance capabilities and delivering significant value for the enterprise.
As a member of the Agile team, you will represent the voice of the customer and the organization through the delivery of business value. Work closely with stakeholders (business and technology), including executive leadership, to define and prioritize features and stories, ensuring alignment with customer needs and organizational goals. Understand customers' problems in detail and ensures the problems are clearly defined, prioritized and the squad/team is focused on the most valuable work for the organization. The Product Owner is the team member always communicating with stakeholders to ensure an aligned understanding of how the squad/team can provide the highest value for the customer through the lens of the organization. Collaborates with squads/teams, technologies, and architects across the organization to develop a deep understanding of the technologies and systems they support.
- Accountable for collaboratively creating product vision and alignment with strategic priorities with stakeholders. Contributes to the development of the portfolio vision. Communicates the vision as a product strategy to their squad/team and other squads/teams outside their portfolio & functional area as well as executive leadership.
- With the squad, accountable for developing and achieving product level KPIs. Manages product(s) with high degree of strategy, scope, and complexity.
- Owns and maintains the product backlog and is accountable for its contents and prioritization. Accountable for clear, actionable user stories.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) and analyzing feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, and other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs withdesired outcomes.
- Sets priorities and actively participates in squad/team quarterly planning. Sets expectations with stakeholders for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Leads IT and business leadership to align development and business goals and priorities while working with stakeholders and squad/team to remove roadblocks to execution.
- Responsible for analyzing data to identify opportunities, prioritize work, test hypotheses and drive business results.
- Lead problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt and efficient service.
- Builds the product roadmap and strategy based on ongoing input from stakeholders. Contributes to program/portfolio level planning.
- Leads customer-driven design and usability testing for the squads/team and across the portfolio. Ensures a well-positioned product through market & industry analysis.
Note: This a range posting, the level will be determined based on experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelors' degree in relevant field (business, computer science, humanities etc.), 7 years in business, technology, or consulting with 5 to 7 years direct experience with agile teams.
- High level of proven business expertise needed to set clear priorities for product and understand business value impacts.
- Develops strong stakeholder relationships and influencing across multiple organizational boundaries. Demonstrated experience leading varied audiences through the development of complex ideas, issues, and designs.
- Ability to lead varied audiences through consensus building. Proven experience with Agile practices and expectations. Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Knowledge of insurance industry preferred.
- Ability use data to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Knowledge of Business Lines products and portfolio strongly preferred.
- Experience in the Independent Agency channel is very beneficial in this role.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amongst uncertainty.