Senior Software Engineer - Remote
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We are looking for aSenior Software Engineer with full stack experience to join our Contact Center Technology portfolio and be part of an Agile squad supporting GRM US Caller Experience applications. The work will involve the modernization of systems and movement to cloud technologies with a focus on engineering excellence and a solid foundation for our Contact Center of the Future.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a
- Collaborative partner: Working within our GRM Services Tech team of scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, you'll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we move to next-generation applications
- Comprehensive problem-solver: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you'll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer: You'll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements, and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality, and efficiency
- Solid understanding of AWS and serverless/cloud engineering including the ability to build and integrate APIs
- Strong familiarity with CI/CD processes, testing frameworks and practices (GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement Architectures
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and delivery of quality engineering
- Experience developing and maintaining distributed applications using AWS managed services such as Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Experience working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams
- Experience with CI/CD practices & Dev Ops Principles
- Experience with modern Full-Stack Engineering
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience