Senior Auto Claims Adjuster
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Auto Claims Adjusters assist policy holders when they need us most. As a Senior Auto Claims Adjuster, you will be fulfilling the promise we made to our customers when they purchased their policy by working with those who have been in an auto accident and need our help. In this role, you will guide our insureds and claimants through the auto claims process from start to finish. There are many moving pieces you will manage. You need to have strong organizational skills and be a time management expert, love problem solving and helping others. Your job is speaking to and engaging customers who have just been in an accident and need your help this is where the passion for service comes into play. We strive to treat our customers as we would want to be treated!
You'd be a great fit if you are:
An Empathetic Service Professional: When a claim is received, you skillfully pick up the phone and use your customer centricity and problem-solving skills to confidently assure our customers that you are there to guide them through the process.
A Claims Professional: You should have a firm understanding of routine coverage and liability guidelines.
A Reliable Teammate: Whether you work at the office or from home, you adapt well to different environments, schedules, and the varying needs of our customers.
A Customer-Centric Claims Representative: Integrity is in your nature. That means you sincerely care that customers get exactly what they paid for and need to embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Under moderate supervision, responsible for obtaining and maintaining essential information to handle complex (moderate) clear liability auto claims.
- Show care and compassion to policy holders during their event.
- Responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims.
- Completes review of policy and accident details to determine coverage and damages owed.
- May ensure adequacy of reserves, confirm or deny coverage and liability and advises policyholders and claimants as to proper course of action.
- Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
- Identifies and recommends referral of potentially fraudulent claims to the SIU
- Must demonstrate strong customer service focus, a proficient understanding and use of basic policy/contract coverage (including regulatory/policy differences, legal liability, and general policy coverage) and be able to recognize questionable coverage/contract situations which necessitate supervisory involvement.
- Position requires excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and keyboarding skills along with the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment.
- Requires strong working knowledge and ability to utilize multiple systems to handle/process claims.
- General understanding of overall claim operations and key stakeholders.
- Ability to handle collision, property damage liability, and comprehensive claims.
- College degree preferred, and/or 1-2 years` experience as a Claims Representative required. Licensing required in some states