Principal / Senior Software Engineer - Remote
The GRM Finance team is looking for an innovative and driven Software Engineer to build and support our Hydra and LibertyCoin products as we modernize payments across our global portfolio in GRM US, East and West markets. This is a critical role in achieving our Future of Finance vision, expanding our remittance payment capabilities to provide a common platform for the Global marketplace that is easy to adopt and integrate with, while enabling a frictionless payment experience consistent with market trends.
As a Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively on a geographically diverse agile team to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment as we continue our agile transformation journey. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset, and capability.
This is a range posting, candidates will be considered for Principal and/or Senior Software Engineer roles: the actual grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
In this role you will:
- Use Java, Spring Boot to develop cloud-hosted, API First, Microservices and applications.
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Interacts with users and development teams to gather and define requirements. Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility.
- Works within the team on iterative development that delivers high-quality, stable services.
- Engineers effective, defect free configurations and code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Engineers component & services designs and contributes to technical alternatives.
- Conducts impact analysis.
- Engineers in unit test cases development. Executes all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression). Provides functional/system integration testing support.
- Engineers production support documentation.
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities. Completes other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development with 3+ years of Java and Spring Boot development experience and 2+ years of experience developing backend/RESTful services
- Proven experience designing & building APIs (REST, SOAP, API Gateway, SpringBoot, etc.
- Deep experience designing solutions using cloud computing platforms & services (AWS, Lambda, S3, EC2, OCF, K8S)
- Expert level experience with build/deploy automation & DevOps frameworks (CI/CD, Bamboo, pipeline-as-code, AWS CDK/CFT)
- Strong knowledge of automated testing frameworks and concepts (Junit, mocks, Selenium)
- Well versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Strong consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including executive level; presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.