Director, Product Analysis, Liability Product Management
The GRS North America Liability Product Management team is hiring a Technical Assistant Director/Director to support our Liability lines of business (General Liability, Umbrella, Excess, Environmental, Professional). Under minimal direction/oversight, the Technical Assistant Director/Director plays a key role in building and maintaining market-leading liability coverage products, including base coverage forms and endorsements, ultimately driving profitability of the Liability lines of business.
**This is a ranged posting. Position offered will be based on candidate skills & experience at manager discretion.**
In this role, you can expect to:
- Conduct highly complex coverage analyses under minimal direction/oversight.
- Serve as technical expert on coverage for assigned product line.
- Proactively research, identify and propose changes to our product offerings, including new product development.
- Draft forms and endorsements to support assigned product line.
- Work with support teams and other stakeholders to file forms and works with state Departments of Insurance to obtain approvals on admitted business.
- Work with Digital and IT teams to provide framework to support forms in underwriting systems.
- Maintain a compliant and up to date product suite for assigned product line.
- Create and deliver underwriting guidance, training and updated processes to support profitable execution.
- Research and develop strategies and associated forms to address emerging risks and opportunities.
- Work directly with Underwriting and Consulting teams to create tailored form language for unique coverage scenarios on an account-by-account basis.
- Serve as mentor for other team members, sharing coverage expertise and leading discussions on complex technical coverage topics.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant insurance policy form drafting work experience.
- Work with state Departments of Insurance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Under minimal direction and often independently, identify complex trends and issues in assigned states and country wide, collaborates to set state-level and product line strategies, and leads implementation of changes to address issues.
- Implement complex adaptations of country wide initiatives and conducts other analyses to support strategic direction of assigned states.
- Lead cross functional teams thru the development and/or implementation of a new product or other CW initiatives.
- Lead in the creation of and serves as subject matter experts for the implementation process of new products or CW initiatives.
- Identify product line opportunities for improvement, makes actionable, recommendations and executes on those recommendations.
- Provide franchise underwriting guideline recommendations.
- May be involved in product line/distribution channel production and profit planning.
- Present state reviews, other analyses and results of country wide initiatives to Executive Leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field. Master's degree and/or ACAS or similar designation beneficial.
- Minimum 7, typically 10 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Experience managing projects preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.