Principal Cybersecurity Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Principal Cybersecurity Engineer
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. Our Cybersecurity Engineers form a diverse team of security professionals who are collectively responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. They evaluate and manage risks, test the effectiveness and completeness of security controls, and partner with teams across the company to optimize our security posture while ensuring the business is able to innovate.
Cybersecurity engineers must continually adapt to stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape. We are expected to continually learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect our business.
In this role you will be highly focused on developing automated solutions that globally support security of Liberty Mutual assets across regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
You will also have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security solutions and tooling supporting a variety of efforts that include security incidents, service delivery, technology configurations, technical security investigations and forensic collection.
You would be a member of an agile team that is focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
About the job:
- Heavy focus on development and data analysis to support vulnerability discovery and reporting for the organization.
- Participates in providing awareness, contextualization, baseline priority, and report information and metrics on vulnerabilities for the organization.
- Participates the assessment, prioritization, and tracking of vulnerability remediation.
- Participates in enhancing the vulnerability management program through the development of new capabilities, visibility, automation, and efficiency & effectiveness improvements.
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Consults with client and development area management and staff in the design and implementation of new or modified information security processes.
- Investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and is knowledgeable in forensic investigations, data recovery and the handling of digital evidence.
- Acts as a liaison to the product groups and assists them in the implementation of security technologies and applications security. Works in conjunction with technical counterparts to remediate audit and security findings.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally 3-5 years of professional coding experience
- Highly proficient and fluent in Python
- Experience with Ruby and Power BI are a plus
- Industry cybersecurity and/or technology certifications are a plus
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment and problem analysis as well as a broad knowledge of business function(s), information technologies and Information Security best practices.
- Experience in Agile framework and methodologies
- Knowledgeable in risk assessment
- Requires a thorough knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and operations in order to provide technical expertise and support to in-house developers and to apply appropriate information security procedures and products.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies, IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols.
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with agile working environments to include both scrum and kanban. Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.