Assistant Director, Product Research, Product Design & Experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Product Design & Experience (PDX) team within GRM Product Management is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our highly visible group that focuses on driving research and innovation to reinvent our core product offerings for today and the future. This mission involves partnering with cross-functional groups to improve customer experience and business results, enhance existing offerings, and create new core products. This role focuses on driving actionable insights in the business for both Personal Lines & Safeco brands. Individual should anticipate exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects and will be expected to manage project workstreams for projects of medium to large scope. This role will afford a high degree of autonomy in shaping our product experience and tangibly influencing company success in hitting our growth and profitability goals. This role involves significant collaboration with partners within Product and other departments such as IT, Marketing and Distribution channels.
Some recent examples of projects on the team include:
- Driving research and designing our next auto product update to meet customer's expectations and needs.
- Partnering with our direct and agent sales organizations to improve the experience of front line reps and our customers.
- Designing new simplified renter and condo products to successfully compete with new disrupters in the market.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Demonstrates a track record of successfully leading cross-functional project teams to achieve business objectives
- Utilizes critical thinking to propose innovative solutions to tough problems
- Proactively identifies areas of research need and creates project plans to operationalize analysis
- Has strong analytical capabilities and asks the right questions to make appropriate data-driven decisions
- Drives collaboration with cross-functional partners of diverse backgrounds
- Conducts high complexity analysis with limited direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Performs the underlying analysis on projects important to the SBU.
- Provides recommendations on the appropriate tools and techniques to perform analysis.
- Leads own workstreams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects.
- May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects including members within and outside team.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and understands market trends for a product line Monitors and interprets developments.
- Serves as ad hoc resource for less experienced analysts. Occasionally mentors' others as requested.
*This is a range posting and grade will be determined by Hiring Manager based on individual experience level*
Additional responsbilities may include:
- Performs high complex analyses to evaluate business performance and identify trends and issues in assigned states or product line; makes actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Influences the direction of and implements adapted country-wide initiatives and conducts high level analyses to support strategic direction of assigned states or product line.
- Independently manages projects of low to moderate complexity. Presents state reviews, other high complexity analyses and results of country wide initiatives to Product managers.
- Conducts high complexity analysis under minimal direction. As a subject matter expert for assigned states and product, with solid familiarity with regional/countrywide issues, completes state reviews and similar work for complex states or countrywide programs independently.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and answer advanced business questions and builds advanced tools and queries for others to use. Serves as point person for high complexity country wide implementations.
- Leads own work stream on all projects and manages low to moderate complexity projects.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations that influence countrywide decisions and initiatives.
- Based on strong understanding of how competitor actions impact marketplace, distribution channel and customers, conducts in depth research of competitor filings utilizing various sources.
- Research may be at the state, competitor or countrywide level. Through research, identifies and proposes changes to our product offerings.
- Analyzes trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information management, economics, or other quantitative field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Knowledgeable in data query languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies; may possess data modeling skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of data concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of data architectures, solutions and designs; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.