Senior Privacy Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Preferred location is Boston, East Coast, or Central US
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Privacy Analyst to join its growing global data privacy team supporting operations in over 20 countries.
Reporting to the Director of Privacy Compliance, this fast pace role requires excellent organization, communication, process improvement, analytics, and project planning skills. You will be responsible for maintaining, executing, and improving critical compliance procedures such as subject access requests, data mapping and data inventories, and mitigating data loss risks. You will also support the legal team and related projects as warranted.
This position requires a team player, who willingly steps in for additional projects to increase the maturity of the privacy program or to comply with a changing regulatory landscape. The Senior Privacy Analyst must also manage complex tasks with limited direction from manager. Be collaborative and flexible while developing solutions that meet privacy/records requirements while supporting business function needs.
This challenging position provides frequent opportunity to interface with Liberty employees and managers at various levels across the Liberty organization. The successful candidate must possess high standards of legal and business ethics and a demonstrated ability to understand technology, independently problem solve, and clearly summarize and communicate facts.
- Conducts complex research and analysis. Prepares recommendations for business process changes to drive privacy compliance, while providing guidance to junior staff.
- Works with business stakeholders, legal counsel and IT to identify and summarize personal data risks. Provides recommendations on ways to mitigate risks. Works with the business on remediation plans. Identifies, escalates, and follows up on data protection issues that require investigation, resolution, and/or legal action.
- Completes more complex Data Map Surveys (e.g., categories and flow of data). Creates and maintains data inventories and business process registries.
- Support or develop administration of data privacy and record information management policies and procedures;
- Build/maintain strong relationships globally for ongoing dialogue with partners to ensure all parties are informed of changes that may impact privacy, data and record practices;
- Identifies business processes to review based on data maps, stakeholder inquiries and identified personal data risks. Identifies gaps in policies/procedures based on regulations, recommending prioritization of addressing those gaps.
- Leverages related technologies to support efforts for records management, data mapping, Subject Access Requests, etc.
- Receives, evaluates, and responds to privacy-related inquiries such as Subject Access Right Requests
- Leads implementation and evaluation of business process changes or a portion of a larger initiative (e.g., major area within a function) regarding privacy compliance.
- Supports privacy/records related projects and duties as assigned
- Conducts records/privacy training and communicates best practices
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of privacy regulations.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Strong project management skills as part of implementing data protection frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and an understanding of technology.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience in addition to 5 or more years of relevant experience to include among the following: privacy-related work, compliance, IT, business analysis, and/or project management.
- Legal education/background, privacy and data protection certification preferred.