Workers Compensation Claims Team Manager
Advance your management career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
In order to deliver an exceptional customer experience, a leader creates a culture of engagement by inspiring passion in others. A leader explores opportunities to continuously improve within a constantly changing environment. A leader challenges each team member to exceed expectations while developing professionally. A leader understands the vision of Liberty Mutual and can translate how their team's work connects to that vision. A leader confidently communicates what extraordinary claim service looks like and empowers their team to achieve superior result.
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Workers Compensation Claims Team Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of Workers Compensation Claims Specialists who manage a portfolio of Workers Compensation claims to achieve the best possible outcomes and deliver an exceptional customer experience. You will contribute to the organization's success by developing talented employees, creating a work environment where employees feel appreciated, and exploring opportunities to continuously improve and adapt to a changing environment.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations for the claims staff by establishing priorities, scheduling and assigning work, and coaching employees in reviewing, analyzing, investigating, negotiating and settling claims in compliance with Claims Quality Standards.
- Creates a high performing, results-oriented staff through candidate selection, on-boarding, ongoing development, and managing individual performance with regular coaching focused on behavior and technical skill sets.
- Leads and actively contributes to a culture of continuous improvement and ensures utilization of tools and behaviors within the Liberty Management System to foster critical thinking and innovation around problem solving and development of standard work.
- Responsible for building and maintaining internal and external customer relationships. Serves as a primary point of contact for agents, brokers and policyholders.
- Hosts and facilitates in person and/or telephonic claim reviews on a continuous cycle and ensures Special Service Instructions are managed appropriately.
- Often called upon to do presentations for existing and prospective customers.
- Provides management oversight of claims files (non-litigated or litigated) within the unit, to include Manager Reviews on open inventory and reviews files to measure quality assurance discusses individual training and development needs.
- Coaches to improve technical expertise within the team
- Monitors, evaluates and approves, within assigned authority limits, claims reserves, settlements and payments that exceed staff authority thresholds.
- Uses common reporting of data analytics to monitor claim production, inventory management, financial and quality compliance and claim volume trends and results. Data used to communicate team performance relating to production, significant achievements and areas for continuous improvement.
- Manages compliance within internal and external parameters, including: Oversees Liberty Mutual/Helmsman state licensing compliance and adherence to fair claims practices.
- Maintains awareness of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and emerging trends in claims litigation to monitor team compliance with Unfair Claims Practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and at least 6 years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Workers Compensation claims investigation, loss assessment, reserving, insurance legal and regulatory environment, litigation and fraud awareness.
- Must be able to meet in person once a month in the Oklahoma City area!
- Ability to get work done through others, communicate effectively (including listening, writing clearly, giving constructive feedback, etc.), get support from above, plan/organize work, analyze/solve problems, and focus on the larger picture.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.