It's an exciting time to be a Digital Product professional at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Why? Because we offer what all talented digital professionals are looking for: the chance to do inspiring work that makes a difference!
About The Role
- As a Product Owner within our Direct Sales Portfolio, you will lead a squad that is looking to transform our approach to selling insurance online by collecting, analyzing, and effectively using data about the consumer to personalize their shopping experience!
- You will be responsible for encouraging the team to pursue smart risks, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and building a culture of innovation and excellence. By partnering with and empowering the technical and design talent aligned to your team, you will drive past the status quo to delight customers with a best-in-class digital experience.
- You will define and prioritize the product backlog, set quality standard for delivery, and represent the customer to the Agile team to create a digital experiences that delight customers through personalization.
- You will operate at the intersection of Business, Customer Driven Design and Technology and seek to deliver products that help increase consumer confidence when they get an auto quote and purchase a policy online. You'll also get to articulate and translate the overall strategy and tactics for your domain to drive outcomes and key KPI's tied directly to business objectives.
- On a given day you might be discussing KPIs with business leaders, managing technical tradeoffs with your squad, and reviewing the latest customer feedback on a prototype with designers. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable formulating strategy and achieving operational excellence.
- Leads development of the product strategy, creates alignment and communicates effectively to key stakeholders and team members, including executive leadership.
- Leads strategic initiatives across the portfolio that contribute to the product vision and the organizational goals.
- Manages features or products with a medium to high degree of strategy, scope and complexity.
- Responsible for analyzing data to identify opportunities, prioritize work, test hypotheses and drive business results.
- Leads customer-driven design and usability testing for squad/team and across the portfolio.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partner with your scrum team to ensure user stories are clear, remove barriers for team members and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) and analyzing feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, and other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Develops test plans, user story acceptance criteria, and participate in team demos and retrospectives.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs withdesired outcomes.
Note: This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in business, engineering, technology, and/or consulting. Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change.
- Ability to make quick and challenging decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- A strong focus on the customer experience
- Ability use data to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.