At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a principal software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
About the job:
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Business Ecosystem Evolution (BEE) Train in GRM Business Lines Technology. You will have the opportunity to leverage your skills with cloud-based technology to build tools and solutions used to support new and innovative business lines insurance products. You will work on a modern technology stack consisting of Java, Spring Boot, Angular, Cloud Foundry, and AWS.
BEE is responsible for the applications that search, retrieve, and renew the policies created by the eCLIQ Simple and Certainly product teams. We are currently working to create new systems with modern architectures to augment the platforms that support our traditional business lines products. As part of the Global Retail Markets organization you will part of a team architecting solutions that will serve the US region and facilitate world class experiences for our customers and agents. We are well on our way to revolutionizing our commercial products and systems and need a strong developer to help us achieve our desired results.
In this role you will:
- Use Java, Spring Boot, and Angular to develop cloud-hosted, API First, web applications.
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Analyze defects, and design and implement effective solutions
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 3+ years of professional experience in software development with 3+ years of Java and Spring Boot development experience and experience developing backend/RESTful services
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts including microservice architecture and 12 factor applications
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Understanding of incremental delivery.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills.