Business Analyst II/ Senior Analyst - Actuarial Reserving Support
The Actuarial Reserving Support Team within Global Risk Solutions (GRS) is seeking an Business Analyst II or Senior Business Analyst. The team is responsible for providing advanced operational and consultative support to Actuarial Reserving team, perform research, analyze information, present findings, recommend changes, and take actions based on various factors (e.g., data insights, regulatory changes, feedback from quality assurance reviews, market information, etc.) to solve problems and improve business outcomes. You are expected to work under limited direction from manager on more complex tasks.
About the role:
- Assist the development of complex database system for the overall business unit.
- Own and develop reporting/dashboard to show operational results, key metrics, and to fulfill regulation needs.
- Collaborate with local actuaries on data, process, analyses and report-out.
- Build relationships and collaborate closely with Finance, IT, and operation.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics. Often uses data visualization tools to further business insights.
- Proactively work to improve data processes to create seamless reporting and eliminate inefficiencies
- Partners with stakeholders on the design, testing, implementation, and evaluation of business process changes to improve business outcomes. Leads implementation and evaluation of business process changes or a portion of a larger initiative.
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining information from various sources.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required for Business Analyst II.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required for Sr. Business Analyst
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Strong business operations knowledge to include understanding the function`s value chain and market conditions.
- Strong sense of collaboration and team building.
- Solid ability to support change and impart value within an organization.
- Solid project management skills as part of implementing business process changes.
- Strong knowledge of available data sources, strengths, and shortcomings.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Excel and solid knowledge of database software including SQL.
- Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.