Senior Actuarial Analyst/ Actuary - Pricing
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The North American Pricing team is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Actuary to support General Liability pricing in the Middle Market and Majors segments. You will be a key leader in the analysis and refinement of our rate strategy, which includes leading the semiannual rate indication process, incorporating our newest models for portfolio segmentation and large account pricing into our rate analysis, and leading analysis and decision-making for rate level segmentation. You will partner regularly with colleagues across the pricing, analytics, modeling, reserving, and underwriting organizations to develop robust rate analyses and understand shifting dynamics in the portfolio. This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong business and technical acumen as well as superior verbal and written communication skills and the capability to tackle challenging open-ended analyses, manage long term complex projects, and communicate results confidently to senior actuarial and underwriting leadership teams.
- Perform profitability analysis including indications for commercial general liability
- Support the integration of portfolio pricing models and individual account pricing tools into the rate indications process from data management to rate level analysis and segmentation decision-making
- Perform complex actuarial analysis within North America Pricing, to assist in commercial general liability decision making, financial planning, and strategy development
- Prepare actuarial research and complex reports and projects; present findings and recommendations to senior leadership
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, and on cross functional teams
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities
- Interact with and provide technical assistance and information to peers, senior managers, and others within and outside of the organization
- Mentor, motivate, and train less experienced staff and peers
- Direct the development of actuarial tools.
- Attend industry and internal LMG actuarial meetings; represent company at external meetings as necessary
- Complete required training
- Develop training for the field and underwriting support
- Potential for 10% travel
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level (16-18).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Strong data manipulation skills including the ability to query, consolidate, and test for reasonability desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization. Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, responding to business demands and a changing marketplace a plus.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers
- Strong MS Office Excel and SAS skills preferred; Ability to build complex models.